Welcome to abbeybamdy blogspot for News Updates

This is a website for updates on News, Entertainment, Event Reports, Sports and all other local news within the 36 states of Nigeria including the Federal Capital Territory....

You are urge to feel free to comment on all post that might interest you....................
Enjoy your time on my blog........Happy reading.................

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No godfather ‘ll control me if elected – Ajimobi

IBADAN – GOVERNORSHIP candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, has said he would not allow anyone in the name of godfatherism to dictate to him how to administer Oyo State, if elected as governor. He spoke in response to allegation that he would not be given a free hand to govern the state because of the political interest of some powers-that-be in the party. Ajimobi said because of his exposure and age, it would be difficult for him to pander sheepishly to the whims and caprices of some individuals at the expense of the people in the state. He said, “I do not even believe that anybody of my educational level, exposure, age would be governor and somebody somewhere will be telling me what to do. It is not possible. If I am governor of Oyo State; once I am governor, I will be governor, without anybody telling me what to do”. This, he explained, did not mean he would not follow the party’s laid down rules and regulation, saying “the party can say these are the philosophies of the party. Take for instance, Akala is in Oyo State; Jonathan is there in Abuja ; Obasanjo is there in Abeokuta or Ota. Are they the ones telling Akala to do whatever he is doing?” “I think, saying that I would be controlled by some godfathers is just another type of pull-him-down tactics where you just want to say, somebody is just talking about godfatherism. And if for God’s sake Tinubu is telling me what to do; Alhaji Lam is telling me what to do; and as they even said, Alaafin of Oyo will tell me what to do; and Alhaji Arisekola will tell me what to do; at least, somebody would not tell me what to do” He added that he would toe the precepts of his party on whose platform he used to get to the Government House. He continued that “Now that ACN is the party of the South West, and you now have it in Osun, in Ekiti, in Edo as far it is, by now, Ogun is coming and Lagos state, of course is the flagship, if godfatherism is producing the development we are seeing now, based on the philosophy of the party, I think we should follow it”. Ajimobi described the former governor of the state, Alhaji Lam Adesina as a man of impeccable character. Since the ex-governor left office as a governor, he has not been to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, or any other anti-graft agency for corruption-related cases. BY OLA AJAYI Courtesy Of: Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment