Welcome to abbeybamdy blogspot for News Updates

This is a website for updates on News, Entertainment, Event Reports, Sports and all other local news within the 36 states of Nigeria including the Federal Capital Territory....

You are urge to feel free to comment on all post that might interest you....................
Enjoy your time on my blog........Happy reading.................

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I was never arrested over fake documents – Senator

The Senator representing Ekiti Central, Mr. Bode Ola, on Tuesday denied a media report that he was arrested and detained in connection with some fake documents presented to the court.
Ola made his position known to journalists in Ibadan, Oyo State capital.
He said the report of his alleged arrest and detention was the handiwork of those he described as enemies of the people.
He said the report was “concocted to cause confusion and deceive the public with the intent to dent my image and reputation.”
He expressed the belief the court currently handling the issue of the district would soon establish the truth.
He said, “I was not arrested in anyway .The publication in the papers is not true. It was an attempt to present me in a bad light. It is a public lie, it is a blatant lie. It is an attempt by my political detractors to cause disharmony and confusion in the public domain.
“I was not detained by the police. There was an article written about two months ago, up till now the police did not contact me on it. But, because this case is coming up, they called me to obtain my own response and I have done that in writing. So, I was not arrested by the police.
“The reason is that they alleged that a particular document was forged, that was the minutes of the meeting that was held on the 24th of January where the parliament of the party, that is the highest decision making organ of the party, said that I should be made the candidate of the party.
“Because there a problem during that time. There were two factions, Adebayo faction wanted Michael Bamidele. And the governor’s faction wanted Babafemi Ojudu. They couldn’t agree. They were at loggerheads. At the end of the day , the parliament of the party said the person occupying the seat, who has done so much for the party be made to continue in the office. That was decided at that meeting, at the parliament of the party. And that was what was in the minutes.
He said he was not at the meeting, asking, “How can I forge the minutes of the meeting that I did not attend? Of course, I was not supposed to write minutes of the meeting.”
On the result, he said, “There was no result forged, the result that I presented in the primary was the result they actually gave me. And that is the only result available. Even, up till now they did not have any other result. So, the idea that the police detained me, is a blatant lie. Its just to deceive the public and make sure that they dent my image.”
By Olalekan Adetayo and Femi Makinde               Courtesy Of: Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment