Welcome to abbeybamdy blogspot for News Updates

This is a website for updates on News, Entertainment, Event Reports, Sports and all other local news within the 36 states of Nigeria including the Federal Capital Territory....

You are urge to feel free to comment on all post that might interest you....................
Enjoy your time on my blog........Happy reading.................

Monday, August 15, 2011

Ladoja’s aide serves Oyo PDP eviction notice

The internal wrangling within the Peoples Democratic Party in Oyo State has taken a new dimension as an aggrieved member, Chief Bolarinwa Adewale, has served an eviction notice on the leadership of a faction loyal to former governor Adebayo Alao-Akala.
Adewale, an ex-aide to former governor of the state, Rashidi Ladoja, made this known Saturday during an art exhibition in commemoration of the 10th year anniversary of late Kunle Bolarinwa in Ibadan on Saturday.
Bolarinwa, who was said to have designed the Ibadan Metropolitan Master plan, reportedly died of cancer of the colon at the age of 46.
Adewale said she served a two-week notice on the leadership of the faction to vacate the building on Queen Elizabeth Road, Ibadan, due to what she described as the ‘hateful treatment’ meted to her by the then Alao-Akala-led administration.
She explained that despite her contributions to the party, the Alao-Akala administration demolished a property belonging to her opposite the office of the Nigeria Drug Law Enforcement Agency in Ibadan.
She claimed that the administration thereafter sold the land to a former Governor of Bauchi State (name not mentioned) after the demolition.
Adewale, who said there was a court order restraining the government from carrying out the demolition, alleged that the then Secretary to the state government, Chief Olayiwola Olakojo, led some thugs and policemen to demolish the building.
She said, “During the tenure of Senator Ladoja, I bid for the house and I paid all the money charged and I got all my papers. But the Alao-Akala administration said I had to re-bid and I did not object. But, as a sitting tenant, I asked that I should be given some preference.
“They complained that I bid too low and I promised to buy it at any price. When I started receiving anonymous calls threatening my life if I did not vacate the house, I went to the court so that my right will not be violated. Till now, the case is in court.
“I was in my house when a bulldozer marked S. S. Ladsom Limited and a government vehicle arrived and started demolishing my house. I had to jump over the fence to escape because they had told them to kill me if they met me there. What kind of injustice is this?
“I have suffered too much for the PDP. All my friends and family members deserted me because I identified with the party. I’m the landlady of the state secretariat of the party. I had to close down my office to allow them use my property. Don’t you think I should, at least, be treated with some courtesy?”
Alao-Akala’s spokesperson, Mr. Dotun Oyelade, said,
“We would have wished the enquiry was directed at the party secretariat. On our own part, we trust the PDP will not breach the terms of a tenancy agreement.”
A attempts to speak with the Publicity Secretary of the PDP in Oyo State, Mr. Morounkola Thomas, on Sunday failed.
By Akinwale Aboluwade, Ibadan                Courtesy of: Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment