Welcome to abbeybamdy blogspot for News Updates

This is a website for updates on News, Entertainment, Event Reports, Sports and all other local news within the 36 states of Nigeria including the Federal Capital Territory....

You are urge to feel free to comment on all post that might interest you....................
Enjoy your time on my blog........Happy reading.................

Monday, August 15, 2011

Former envoy in PDP secretaryship race

A former Nigerian Ambassador to Canada, Mr. Dare Bejide, has signified his intention to contest the position of national secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party.
Bejide, a former secretary to the Ekiti State Government during the reign of Mr. Segun Oni, announced this at a press conference in Ado-Ekiti on Saturday.
The former envoy said he was qualified for the position, having been the secretary of various organisations and even the PDP in Ekiti State.
He said, “I want to vie for the position of secretary of our great party, the PDP. I believe that I am eminently qualified to occupy the office. I am coming out to contest because I have the required experience and I know that the party needs a young vibrant person with experience who would not need to be tutored before running its affairs.”
He said he had consulted and was still consulting people on his intention.
Bejide, a former secretary of the Nigerian Bar Association in Ado-Ekiti and the National Republican Convention, said he would bring a positive change to the party at the national level
The former envoy, who said he did not belong to any of the factions of the PDP in the state, said he would work to bring all the factions together for the progress of the party.
Asked if Dr. Bode Olowoporoku’s ambition would not stand on his way to clinching the post, he said, “I believe I am qualified for the position and I am young and vibrant. I believe that anybody that is above 60 years may not have the energy to run the affairs of the party effectively.”
By Femi Makinde, Ado-Ekiti                Courtesy Of: Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment